Lower / Upper Slaughter


Lower Slaughter is almost too perfect, and the slough, or marsh, from which the village derives its name has now been tidied up, so that the River Eye now flows between grassy banks and colourful cottage gardens beneath a series of simple stone bridges. A delightful lane follows the Eye upstream to Upper Slaughter. The church has many fine Norman details, but the most curious feature is a large, mock-medieval tomb of the Reverend F. E. Witts (died 1854), whose Diary of a Cotswold Parson was discovered and published some years ago.
excerpt from
Insight Guides - The Cotswolds

18 February 2001


Lower Slaughter church

Lower Slaughter Church




Lower Slaughter Church Gate


Lower Slaughter


Lower Slaughter Closeup


Mill on the
River Eye

Lower Slaughter Old Mill





Lower Slaughter Old Mill Closeup

Upper Slaughter church

Upper Slaughter Church



Upper Slaughter Church Closeup

Upper Slaughter
cottages

Upper Slaughter Houses

We love hearing from everyone, so please email us at LivingInLondon@SpeicherIndustries.com

Namo WebEditor Link