Muncaster Castle


The lands of Muscaster Castle were granted to Alan de Penitone in 1208, and fifty years later a castle was built by Gamel de Mulcastre. This was enlarged in the next century where a pele tower was erected on Roman foundations, part of its fabric being incorporated in the south-west tower.
excerpt from
Muncaster Castle Ravenglass, West Cumbria

31 March 2002

entrance

LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-01




LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-02



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-03



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-04



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-05

estate bird handlers

LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-06



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-07



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-08



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-09



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-10.jpg



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-11



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-12



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-13



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-14



LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-15

local herons

LakeDistrictMuncasterCastle-16


We love hearing from everyone, so please email us at LivingInLondon@SpeicherIndustries.com

Namo WebEditor Link