Christ Church Cathedral


Christ Church Cathedral was commissioned in 1172 by Strongbow, Anglo-Norman conqueror of Dublin and Archbishop Laurence O'Toole. It replaced an earlier wooden church built by the Vikings in 1038. At the time of the reformation, the cathedral passed to the Protestant Church of Ireland. By the 19th century it was in a bad state of repair, but was completely remodelled by architect George Street in the 1870s. In the crypt are monuments removed from the cathedral during its restoration.
excerpt from
Eyewitness Travel Guides - Ireland

25 - 26 November 2000

Synod Hall bridge

Christ Church View From Left Closer




Christ Church View From Right



Christ Church View From Right Closer



Christ Church Tombstones

Great Nave

Christ Church Interior


We love hearing from everyone, so please email us at LivingInLondon@SpeicherIndustries.com

Namo WebEditor Link