Ha'penny Bridge


Linking the Temple Bar area and Liffey Street, this high-arched cast-iron foot bridge is used by thousands of people every day. It was built by John Windsor, an ironworker from Shropshire, England. One of Dublin's most photographed sights, it was originally named the Wellington Bridge. It is now officially called the Liffey Bridge, but it is also known as the Metal Bridge. Opened in 1816, the bridge got its better known nickname from the halfpenny toll that was levied on it up until 1919.
excerpt from
Eyewitness Travel Guides - Ireland

25 - 26 November 2000


Ha'penny Bridge Center



Ha'penny Bridge Right South Bank



Ha'penny Bridge Right Looking South


We love hearing from everyone, so please email us at LivingInLondon@SpeicherIndustries.com

Namo WebEditor Link